Friday, June 13, 2014

Dolce Vita

Do you remember in The Brady Bunch when one of the family members would need an obscure sum of money for a particular cause ($2, 140 to give a stray puppy a life-saving vaccination… or $8, 232 to stop the town’s library from being bulldozed… for example).  It would always seem as if their luck had just run out, when Marcia (Marcia Marcia) would spot a poster for an equally obscure competition and a top prize of the exact amount they were trying to get their hands on.

dolcevita3

If real life were like that, I’d be staring saucer-eyed at a prize jackpot of €203.16 right now and the only thing standing between me and this dress would be the minor obstacle of winning some brother- sister dance competition.

dolcevita2

dolcevita1

Daydreaming takes up a big portion of my real-life.  €203.16 is too much to pay for a sundress. Is it? (I love it)

If I were a rich girl (a whole other daydream), I’d be taking the whole dang collection.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

that dress is amazing! beautiful in deed!... ugh...I waste a whole lotta time daydreaming too... I used to think it was good, it made me feel more special, creative, imaginative... but now I think it just makes it worse... imagining things I can't have... that's just emotional pain waiting to happen... sorry if I come up too "downer"...I've been daydreaming too much about things that I KNOW are never going to happen... makes me sad...
I'm starting to think I should control my daydreams into "illusions" that can actually come true.. but that wouldn't be daydreaming, right?

Shoko said...

i love, love, love that dress.

Camila Faria said...

Oh, it's REALLY pretty. I'd keep my eyes open for that competition poster. ;)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh swoon! That dress is perfect! Happy Monday, darling. xo

MARTA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MARTA said...

Yes Thelma, that's one lovely dress. Hopefully someone else will come up with a version that is more friendly to our pockets.

Btw, talking about "versions", look what I found:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgI3LfeAt8 :D

Nicole said...

That dress is gorgeous!

Thelma Frayne said...

THANK YOU Marta... how do you remember these things about me? They look amazing... I just ordered a set from this site. Very excited! I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives xo

Ashley said...

I can't blame you for pining after this dress...I hate it when things are ABSURDLY priced!!!!! arrrgghhh

lucia m said...

such beautiful dress!


NEW POST ON THE BLOG!!

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

LeeLee said...

The dress is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I hope you bought the dress.

Unknown said...

PS I miss your posts!

Mary Louise said...

You have a blog!! Why am I only seeing this now and it's sooooo funny in laughing here to myself. Keep blogging little T..

Tanya said...

Pretty dress.

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

shannah said...

I want it!

GlassesShop said...

That dress is gorgeous!