Wednesday, April 23, 2014

On Kindness

guts
I suppose the thing I most would have liked to have known or be reassured about (when I was 18) is that in this world, what counts more than talent, what counts more than energy or concentration or commitment or anything else is kindness.  And the more in the world you encounter kindness, and cheerfulness (which is kind of its amiable uncle or aunt), just the better the world always is – and all the big words: virtue, justice, truth, are dwarfed by the greatness of kindness
- Stephen Fry

5 comments:

Pamela Bates said...

hi thelma, just found your blog via diana's Expresso.

I just had this conversation on easter and again yesterday with my nephew.

It is just about THE most important thing. The golden rule. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Love that quote!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...I really love this and it's so important to be kind:) Have a great day, sweetie.

Roselie said...

Such beautiful words! I couldn't agree more with everything said...

Shoko said...

this is lovely. thank you for that reminder.

Ashley said...

Ain't that the truth??