Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Plane picnics

plane picnic

The food on planes sucks.  This is true no matter which airline, no matter how hungry you are and no matter how good it smells on the way down the aisle.  It always sucks.

That’s why I love the idea of packing an in-flight picnic that you’ll actually be excited about eating.

I fly back to the UAE tomorrow morning and this time I’m taking a roast chicken sandwich on cheesy Avoca bread, baby potato and grated carrot salad and homemade rocky road treats.  I’m taking extra treats for an easy way to make friends with fellow airline passengers.

What would you pack?

Related: the best letter of complaint ever written, based on a particularly nauseating experience of airplane cuisine.  Ouch!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a total freak - I love airplane food!

Erica said...

Can I pack a pizza??!! lol!

Somehow I don't think that would work. ;)

Have a good flight and enjoy your yummy sandwich.

Thelma Frayne said...

In an ironic twist of fate, I actually forgot my prepared picnic. I was SO ANGRY. My Mam said she ate it guiltily for her lunch!