Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Best of… April 12

april sart2

april sart1

via The Sartorialist

I take back everything I said about Scott.  He’s done some unbelievable portraits of handsome men this past month and put me right in my place.  These images are nothing to do with fashion, yet everything to do with fashion at the same time.  Do you know what I mean? (I imagine you blank-staring me right now).

april sart3

via The Sartorialist

april sj3

via Sincerely Jules

More leather.  Black leather.

april atacadas2

april citybrewed1

via Atacadas and City Brewed

It’s not all black anymore- I’ve added some colour into my life with bright denims. I’ll be needing some more grungy t-shirts to go with.  Any recommendations?  I had my heart set on this one, but it’s all sold out!  Perhaps its a sign I need to steer clear of grunge for a while- I may be taking the term shabby chic too literally.

april thisisnotnew1

april tkow1

via This is Not New and That Kind of Woman

This is more the kind of inspiration I need.  And honestly, it wouldn’t kill me to look a little more polished!

april fashiontoast1

april weheartit1

via Fashion Toast and We Heart It

What I have done is developed a rather serious obsession with lace (lace is prim and proper, you know).  I bought another pair of lace shorts impulsively and I’ll guiltily admit that I don’t exactly need two pairs of lace short-shorts.

april coco2

via Coco Groove

Leopard-print short-shorts though… I don’t even have one pair of those.

april coco1

via Coco Groove

In other (completely unrelated) news, I just bought a bicycle.  It was one of my new year’s resolutions!

20 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I am so in love with those coral skinny pants.

Jenny N said...

hello handsome men...

and lace shorts...man, I am not sure I could pull those off, but they are so cute!

Unknown said...

Yay for handsome men!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Love all of those, the women look amazing!! Really beautiful..I could stand to be more polished too really :) x

Johanna said...

Loving the girlie mixed with tough pieces. That's my kinda style!

Emmylou said...

I need some colour jeans too, but just can't seem to find one I really like on me:( Anyhoo, yay for the new bike:)

Camila Faria said...

I'm loving these beautiful portraits. Really gorgeous! And you got a bike, how exciting!

trishie said...

I do like a bit of colour in my wardrobe, makes everything more fun. Loving the lace trend too

NaNa said...

Amazing photographs! The Satorialist ones are stunning :)

Paulina said...

So pretty outfits <3

em.me.ma said...

congratz on the bike choice!
love these inspirations

Simone Crown said...

I know exactly what you mean!!

Kisses from Austria,
Simone

Ceciliette said...

hahahha i´m just like you.. always in informal wear... trying to get a polished wardrobe!

xx

Caro * said...

Beautiful pictures !! :)

A Life Un-Styled said...

That picture from "This is not new" is beautiful! Love the outfit too...

Ashley said...

The second guy got me all hot and bothered!

navy and orange said...

love those orange/red jeans!

xoxo navy & orange

Squared said...

thank you so much! I'm now following you through Bloglovin ;)! Hope you come back!!

Corinne Monique said...

I love the leather & the lace :)

Corinne xo
http://corinnemonique.blogspot.com

Once Upon A Time... said...

these are extremely lovely pictures. i wish i was that photogenic!

joss