Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thing #45: Spend the day at a SPA

DSCF0364

Just before my big move earlier this year,  everything was a little crazy.  I finished work with two weeks’ to spare, and made frantic plans to fit everything (and everyone) in before I left.

One of those precious days was spent with the lovely Jamie at The Oasis Spa in Lyrath Estate Hotel, Kilkenny

This was one of the best plans I made.

Jamie and I both opted for a package that included an Aromatherapy Facial, Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage and Hair Treatment. 

The Hair Treatment was one of those added extras that I didn’t think much about when booking, but ended up raving about for weeks afterwards to anyone who would listen (It includes a 30 minute head massage which sent me into a dream-like state).  I was surprised to find out that the products are supplied by an Irish company, Voya, who use hand-harvested Irish seaweed as a base in all their products- it really works!  It gave my hair a glassy shine and the scent is intoxicating (you know the kind of smell that prompts your friends and family to exclaim ‘What is that?’…but in a good way).

€5 has been donated to UNICEF Ireland for the completion of this ‘thing’.  Click here if you too would like to donate online.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What I wouldn't give for a day like that around about now...blissful.

Ricardo Miñana said...

Bonita entrada, tienes un bello espacio.
si te gusta la poesía te invito a mi nuevo espacio Brisa poética.
te dejo mis saludos y que tengas una buena semana.
un abrazo.

Nikki said...

That sounds amazing! I don't know why but I carry a ton of tension in my face so sometimes facials are even better than a full body massage for me!

Rachel - Notes from my closet said...

Sounds amazing! I don't think I have ever been to a spa, should get an appointment booked!

Love, Vanilla

Stella said...

What a great day!
xoxo

Jess said...

Looks amazing! I haven't been to the spa in months...

J+S said...

What joy! What bliss!

~Jenifer
Gordon Gossip

Anonymous said...

Do you know the name of the Voya products they used on you little t?

Bad Joan said...

that sounds so relaxing! lucky!

GTBB,
http://badjoan.blogspot.com
http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

OneCraftyFox said...

Lovely! I need a spa day!

oomph. said...

sounds wonderful! glad you were able to unwind for a day :)

[oomph.]
What's the next line? Help write the story!

Thelma Frayne said...

Anon, the product was called forget me knot hair treatment. You can get any of the products on their website- voya.ie. I think there is free delivery if you spend a certain amount, but that may have been a promotion!